Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Charles Darwin



Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday Charles Darwin.
Happy Birthday to You.

Are you 1,
Are you 2,
........


Nevermind.

Happy 200th Birthday Charles!
Okay... So I am a little belated,
His birthday was February 12th,
but I still want to wish his skeleton well. :)
This is among my favourite brilliant men of the world,
He was the man who developed the world famous theory of natural selection,
which basically means evolution of species.
His magnificent scientific discovery is the unifying theory of the life sciences, providing logical explanation for the diversity of life.
Before Darwins publications on the matter, the general public believed in the biblical verson of divine creation.

In the wake of Darwin’s 1859 controversial publication ‘Origin of Species’ some Christian believers and theologians began to see science as a threat to their faith. On the other hand, some scientists also began to see religion as a threat to scientific freedom.
This brings us to present day debates as to whether creationism ought to be taught in science classes across North America, on equal ground with evolution.
I believe that no it should not, the bible has no right to attempt to thrust a Bible based subject into school curriculum and say it is as equally true as evolution.
However, I have done extensive research, as I did have to write a 2000 word essay [which ended up being 2600 words :s] on the topic, but I won't get into specifics.
>>>>
>>>

>>
Anyway.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCK!

1 comment:

Luis Portugal said...

Hello
It has a nice blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from my country, Portugal