Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Brownie Batter Blizzard




An edible confection that is literally Heaven on Earth, a treat for the tastebuds that is godly.
And as you take that first bite you contemplate as to whether you have had to give up your soul to the devil for such a delectable taste.
Or, you could have driven to Dairy Queen for the Brownie Batter Blizzard.
It was one summer evening, one of those where there is a warm breeze and it just screams summer. My sister and I waltz into our local DQ, pondering over their selection.
I looked up to the Blizzard of the month sign, and saw Heaven.
A ray of light dawned upon the spot I stood, and angels sang 'Hallelujah!'
I ordered myself a medium, and my sister followed my lead.
We darted outside, and each raised the red spoons and dipped into the Blizzard.
We had tasted the most beautiful food ever to be consumed.
I could taste the thick brownie batter in the ice cream, 'Mmmmm,'
it reminded me of homemade brownie batter when you fight over who gets to lick the bowl or the spatula.
My eyes nearly rolling into the back of my head, 'ahhhhhh'
It was that good.
Like sex in a cup. Yum.

I did some research and found the nutrition facts of this amazing treat.






O-M-G. Literally. WOW.
Over a thousand calories, a ton of fat and almost 200 grams of carbs! Now I'm not obsessive about calorie counting or worried about gaining weight, but I am a healthy eater and I like to watch my figure, you know, for bikini season.
Is it really worth it? I say, yes. But only every once in a while. This way I will never get tired of it right?
.........


However, as much as I would love to say I gorged myself on this delicasy a million times over the summer, I did not. I had it twice.
I was massively disappointed (and even that is an understatement) when I cheerfully ordered a medium Brownie Batter Blizzard with pride, craving that gooey brownie batter and those delicious brownie chunks, when I was turned down.
My heart sank to the floor. Broken.

"Wh-What?" I managed to stammer. I was unfortunately brought back to reality as the DQ clerk explained to me that they no longer offered it there. It was only on for a month, but he was more than glad to tell me of the Strawberry CheeseQuake Blizzard.


On top of my disappointment my stomach flipped,

I hate cheesecake.

No comments: