Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Little Mermaid: Disney Contest Entry





I am entering my very first contest!!!


Please do not be too disappointed in me!

I am hardly a make up expert, and I am not connoiseur of the perfect look.

I just wanted to give it whack, for funsies. :]

Sarah over at If the shoe fits... is hosting a Disney themed contest.

here is the link.

So I chose one of my very fave Disney princesses,



The Little Mermaid!!

Ariel!

So this will be my first contest entry ever, just to say it again!

Now I am no make-up guru, but like any lady out there, I love playing with make up and dolling myself up <3

I was totally pumped with this.

I had fun playing with the glitter and the big lashes. It could have been better, but the more I practice the better I will get! :)

Unfortunately I was very limited in the actual selection of my photos. You see, I used my mothers camera, an old Sony, and it uses discs instead of memory cards to store pictures. It is not very reliable, and messes up most of the time. The first disc worked until it was full and then i stuck in a second. This one took pictures and then crawled in the corner and died :( The pictures would not load on the computer... and it was this group that was the best!!!

Arghh.

Oh well. i will post it up anyways!

I will first take the time to apologize for bad lighting and overexposure in most of my pictures. Its my own loss really, but I had fun!!!!! I hope ya'll enjoiiii!


Here is my inspiration:























































Here is my entry:











Yes I know we were supposed to post three.......but I liked these :]

Here is an extra I played with for funsies!





To elaborate upon my entry::


I chose purple for the eyes because I was reminiscent of her purple shell bra that I loved so much! Sparkly because she IS a princess, and because she is a mermaid! I tried to make my skin look very shimmery as to give off an ethereal mermaid look. And then of course Ariels red lips!


Products used:


Graftobian GLitter Gel


Graftobian Luster Creme Silver Starlight


Graftobian Luster POwder Silver Starlight


Stuff by Hilary Duff Purple GLitter


MesmerEyes Full Lashes (with rhinestones)


Colour Worksop Eyes


Coquette colour palette


TruBlend Whipped Foundation in warm beige


Maybelline Mineral Power in Light


Avon Nutralush in Rosestone


BonBons White Eyeshadow


Estee Lauder Illusionist Maximum Curling Mascara


Rimmel London Blush 001 Santa Rose


Avon Clear Gel Mascara



Please Comment and tell me what you think!!!!!!!!!


:]


1 comment:

Rai said...

Aw, this is so cute for your first contest entry!!